One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Strong enough to resist the effects of blast from a mine.‘within five minutes a mineproof vehicle had arrived at the scene’
armour-plated, steel-plated, ironclad, mailedView synonyms
- ‘The 12-ton, mine-proof Cougar is US built and carries 16 men.’
- ‘Mineproof vehicles were targeted, resulting in a large number of fatalities.’
- ‘This vehicle may be somewhat mineproof, but there is no crew protection from small arms fire, shrapnel or kids with rocks.’
- ‘A body armour firm in Westcliff has landed a £500,000 deal to supply UN aid workers with the latest in body armour, helmets and mine-proof car mats.’
- ‘The delay in getting armoured vehicles, including mine-proof Warthogs and Ridgebacks, is certain to hamper operations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.