One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Strong enough to resist the effects of blast from a mine.‘within five minutes a mineproof vehicle had arrived at the scene’
armour-plated, steel-plated, ironclad, mailedView synonyms
- ‘Mineproof vehicles were targeted, resulting in a large number of fatalities.’
- ‘The delay in getting armoured vehicles, including mine-proof Warthogs and Ridgebacks, is certain to hamper operations.’
- ‘The 12-ton, mine-proof Cougar is US built and carries 16 men.’
- ‘A body armour firm in Westcliff has landed a £500,000 deal to supply UN aid workers with the latest in body armour, helmets and mine-proof car mats.’
- ‘This vehicle may be somewhat mineproof, but there is no crew protection from small arms fire, shrapnel or kids with rocks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.