Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Consumer awareness of a product or brand, typically as opposed to market share.‘Sun has stolen mindshare and column inches from Microsoft’
- ‘Instead, VD is likely to compete on the strength of the Virgin brand and the mindshare it has among music buyers, thanks to the Virgin Megastore chain.’
- ‘The various groups all hate each other and struggle internally for the mindshare of the Palestinian people and for financial support from the broader Islamic world.’
- ‘With this cross-product availability, an already cutthroat market is going to get even more competitive, and the battle for female mindshare will be the key to victory.’
- ‘Teams of marketing people are trying to build share-a-penny mindshare in the heads of gas station owners.’
- ‘He is clearly marketed to win mindshare over the superheroes that plague so much children's programming.’
- ‘Their answer to every dotcom marketing challenge was a ton of traditional advertising - gotta have mindshare!’
- ‘Like consumer marketers competing for a slice of public mindshare, Washington, Beijing and New Delhi are increasingly trying to win hearts and minds.’
- ‘But remaining in a holding pattern will only allow AMD to eat away at both mindshare and market share.’
- ‘Faced with consumer ennui and apathy, Nike has decided to engage in a desperate effort to regain mindshare.’
- ‘Amazon always had the mindshare - and many believe the more effective Web presence.’
- ‘That seems like a smart move, but will it fix the mindshare problem and make readers love their newspapers again?’
- ‘Then there's the matter of marketing and mindshare.’
- ‘That will change, of course, but it's from this point on that the battle for consumer mindshare really begins.’
- ‘More importantly, its mindshare is growing, and you ought to be scared.’
- ‘We are all individual entrepreneurs, personal brands (in that fast-fading lingo), duking it out for mindshare and market penetration.’
- ‘But Apple undoubtedly has the mindshare lead, and has defined the standard by which other hard drive-based music players are judged.’
- ‘Images like this, showing the very real benefits to voters, is what it will take for ACT to win mindshare among its target audience.’
- ‘MetalSite, for example, has achieved mindshare by locking in major industry traders, but its ownership by four major steel mills is a problem for some users.’
- ‘It's been a great year for the Seoul firm, which threatens to kick Sony in the battle for consumer electronics mindshare.’
- ‘Google has garnered tremendous free publicity and mindshare as result of these tactics.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.