One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘At such times, the neutral, philosophical mode mimetically reproduces Ronsard's earlier pacifistic promotion of a unified France.’
- ‘Nor do they use color mimetically, symbolically, metaphorically, or even emotively.’
- ‘The staff stands for Aaron and his power without mimetically representing him, as the painting seems paradoxically to observe the Hebraic ethos of iconoclasm that the Jewish leader first violated.’
- ‘But there is a price for this defensive sequestration of self-identity: the overall scheme of performance, if seemingly based on popular cultural practices, is mimetically defined by experts.’
- ‘But the argument against poets and mimesis is made not only poetically but also mimetically.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.