One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for millenarianism
- ‘It should be clear that this is a very different kind of millennialism than the dispensationalist one.’
- ‘Mr. Larsen makes the mistake of equating millennialism with dispensationalism, when the latter is actually a particular type of the former.’
- ‘What is meant by ‘mitigated’ or ‘mild’ millennialism and by the qualifier ‘safely’ renders the official answer ambiguous as to what variety of millennialism is intended.’
- ‘Living in societies where the clergy were crucial shapers of public opinion, American nationalists adopted the language of millennialism.’
- ‘Indeed, millennialism is largely a construction of particular perceptions of power and justice; it is a sociomoral scenario in which worldly wrongs will be set right.’
- ‘This was a time of millennialism, when many of the faithful believed the end of days was nigh.’
- ‘This does not in itself mean that millennialism is right and true.’
- ‘Beyond the role of biblical editors, biblical historical criticism also provides insight into other aspects of early American history such as millennialism.’
- ‘The end of post-millennialism as we've known it, however, does not necessarily mean the end of Christian millennialism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.