One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for millenarianism
- ‘Beyond the role of biblical editors, biblical historical criticism also provides insight into other aspects of early American history such as millennialism.’
- ‘Indeed, millennialism is largely a construction of particular perceptions of power and justice; it is a sociomoral scenario in which worldly wrongs will be set right.’
- ‘Living in societies where the clergy were crucial shapers of public opinion, American nationalists adopted the language of millennialism.’
- ‘What is meant by ‘mitigated’ or ‘mild’ millennialism and by the qualifier ‘safely’ renders the official answer ambiguous as to what variety of millennialism is intended.’
- ‘Mr. Larsen makes the mistake of equating millennialism with dispensationalism, when the latter is actually a particular type of the former.’
- ‘It should be clear that this is a very different kind of millennialism than the dispensationalist one.’
- ‘This does not in itself mean that millennialism is right and true.’
- ‘This was a time of millennialism, when many of the faithful believed the end of days was nigh.’
- ‘The end of post-millennialism as we've known it, however, does not necessarily mean the end of Christian millennialism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.