One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rich cake consisting of thin layers of puff pastry filled with jam and cream.
- ‘Roland Mesnier has measured time perfecting millefeuilles and chocolate pudding.’
- ‘The pineapple tatin with zabaglione ice-cream sounded nearly as tempting as the white chocolate millefeuille with hot chocolate ice-cream.’
- ‘The rabbit is tender but bizarrely taste-free, and the vegetarian millefeuille seems made with less heart and soul.’
- ‘A whole host of backlit pies, cakes, Jell-O cubes, puff-pastry swans stuffed with whipped cream and millefeuilles await you.’
- ‘But it's the evening feed - and puddings such as chocolate millefeuille - that entices skiers home after a day on the slopes.’
French, literally ‘thousand-leaf’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.