One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large active silvery fish of the Indo-Pacific region, farmed for food in SE Asia and the Philippines.
Chanos chanos, the only member of the family Chanidae
- ‘There's this mythical fish, you see, called a milkfish.’
- ‘Kosasih said many of the dead fish were popular with consumers, including milkfish, shrimps, and rays.’
- ‘Local fishermen report spotting species like the milkfish, which is rarely found near such small islands.’
- ‘The Council of Agriculture yesterday urged that annual domestic production of milkfish should not exceed 40,000 tonnes in order to maintain reasonable prices and profits.’
- ‘The Shark Observatory at Ras Mohammed is a viewpoint on a high promontory from where, years ago, visitors could view large shoals of milkfish with their dorsal fins breaking the surface.’
- ‘Furthermore, there is evidence for spontaneous thrombus formation in skipjack and yellowfin tunas, as well as in milkfish.’
- ‘Only divers knew that these were actually big shoals of milkfish that cruised off-shore.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.