One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A regular milk delivery along a fixed route.‘I helped with a Saturday milk round’
- ‘I used to deliver milk to her house on my milk round, and sometimes I'd look up to her bedroom window and she'd be there watching for me.’
- ‘Being a member of a lifeboat crew is not like delivering coal or having a milk round.’
- 1.1 A regular journey that includes calls at several places.
- 1.2 A series of visits to universities and colleges by recruiting staff from large companies.
- ‘Up to 60 graduates were offered management consultancy positions by international consulting firms with operations in Dublin after last year's milk rounds.’
- ‘Colm Jordan, education officer with USI, advises final year students to examine job offers made after this semester's milk rounds carefully.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.