Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Milk dehydrated by evaporation.
- ‘Prices for essential goods such as rice, sugar, dhal, chilies, milk powder and medical drugs have soared by 15 to 30 percent.’
- ‘In a bowl, combine the sugar, egg yolks, ice cream stabilizer, and dry milk powder.’
- ‘The venture will see both companies work together to build a production facility in Nigeria, which will supply evaporated milk and milk powder to the local Nigerian market.’
- ‘Further refund increases, however, will be needed for skim milk powder and whole milk powder if the dollar does not recover or declines further.’
- ‘The same story is told by the dairy farmer who has to pour his milk down the drain because he cannot compete with the cheap imported subsidised milk powder from the US.’
- ‘The main differences were that Nutella uses peanut oil instead of vegetable oil, skim milk instead of skim milk powder, and cocoa instead of reduced fat cocoa.’
- ‘Export refunds for skim milk powder and whole milk powder were increased five times since last November.’
- ‘As a result, he shifted the company focus to stabilized chocolate milk powder as well as cocoa powder for ice cream.’
- ‘We flavored it with chocolate drink powders, malted milk powder, and flavored syrups to make luxuriously thick beverages.’
- ‘Comparing it with milk chocolate - also made from cocoa, but diluted with milk powder, lecithin and much more sugar - is like comparing wine with grape soda.’
- ‘In a double boiler, whisk together the egg yolks, ice cream stabilizer, and milk powder until pale and smooth.’
- ‘When slightly thick, add the paste of milk powder and ghee.’
- ‘Most veal comes from animals that have been artificially orphaned, kept in crates or pens, and have been fed on a diet based on milk powder.’
- ‘The new loaf is the same as national bread with six per cent dried milk powder added, giving it a high nutritive value.’
- ‘Add the dried fruit, plenty of milk powder and anything else you want (sugar, chocolate drops) and bag it for your trip.’
- ‘Milk, soy milk or milk powder may also be added to give the bubble tea a creamy texture.’
- ‘The report made the case for reducing the number of plants processing milk into butter, milk powder and curd from 11 to four.’
- ‘This was made possible through a higher sale price, revamped marketing strategy and sale of add-on items such as milk powder and ghee.’
- ‘Add dried skim milk powder to sauces and beverages.’
- ‘Many commodity markets, including butter, skim milk powder and Gouda and Cheddar cheeses could be easily entered by suppliers from Argentina or eastern Europe.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.