One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A white suspension of hydrated magnesium carbonate in water, used as an antacid or laxative.
- ‘You can also mix equal amounts of Milk of Magnesia and Benadryl Allergy liquid.’
- ‘It is found in antacids and is the active ingredient in Milk of Magnesia.’
- ‘Never mind that the bars taste like an eraser and the shakes like Milk of Magnesia; they offer nutrient density you just can't get from the glass case at Starbucks.’
- ‘Mountain West fans have been in need of some Milk of Magnesia all year.’
- ‘I've tried Gas-X and Milk of Magnesia without success.’
- ‘When I was a kid the only things that came in blue glass were Milk of Magnesia and Noxzema.’
- ‘If there is no BM after 48 hours, take 1 or 2 tablespoons of Milk of Magnesia before bed.’
- ‘When diet changes don't work, stool softeners and mild laxatives, such as good old Milk of Magnesia, also are helpful.’
- ‘Dab a cotton ball with Phillips' Milk of Magnesia, wipe over your face, and let it dry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.