One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See military police
- ‘He was picked for promotion to become a military policeman and patrolled Blackburn's pubs and town centre streets.’
- ‘The protection element is comprised of military policemen trained in the demanding art of close personal protection.’
- ‘The appearance of a military policeman at some event automatically connotes the relatively benign role of monitoring civil order or directing traffic.’
- ‘They were most disgusted by the military policemen who cited them for being out of uniform or other indiscretions of like seriousness.’
- ‘The company's requests for soldiers or military policemen to patrol the perimeter, and for 60 off-duty Kent police officers to work at the site, have been turned down.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.