One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The age range within which a person is eligible for military service.‘young men of military age’
- ‘In 1948, very few men of military age - one in 600 - claimed to be conscientious objectors.’
- ‘In 10 to 11 years, when they die, they'll be at the prime military age, prime working age, prime family formation age.’
- ‘In the Second World War, though over military age, he again volunteered.’
- ‘But from the very start of this war the loudest of the flag-waving hawks were those who were safely beyond military age themselves and were unwilling to send their own children off to fight.’
- ‘Men of military age were particularly vulnerable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.