One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Advocating or pursuing an aggressive military policy; hawkish.‘the president and his militaristic administration’
warmongering, war-loving, warlike, martial, hawkish, pugnacious, combative, aggressive, belligerent, bellicoseView synonyms
- ‘Dictatorial, militaristic discipline robs the person of self-control and leaves them without responsibility.’
- ‘You don't have to be constantly in terror, hoping that your militaristic government will save you from the forces of evil.’
- ‘These outfits are non-hierarchical, decentralised, nominally leaderless and organised with militaristic precision.’
- ‘They find that shelter in a mall, but the mall comes with a group of security guards who are bent on keeping strict order in the most militaristic manner possible.’
- ‘But how can it work under the threat of force from an aggressive militaristic power?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.