One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Advocating or pursuing an aggressive military policy; hawkish.‘the president and his militaristic administration’
warmongering, war-loving, warlike, martial, hawkish, pugnacious, combative, aggressive, belligerent, bellicoseView synonyms
- ‘These outfits are non-hierarchical, decentralised, nominally leaderless and organised with militaristic precision.’
- ‘They find that shelter in a mall, but the mall comes with a group of security guards who are bent on keeping strict order in the most militaristic manner possible.’
- ‘You don't have to be constantly in terror, hoping that your militaristic government will save you from the forces of evil.’
- ‘But how can it work under the threat of force from an aggressive militaristic power?’
- ‘Dictatorial, militaristic discipline robs the person of self-control and leaves them without responsibility.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.