One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Affected by mildew; mouldy.‘the first room had a mildewy smell to it’
mouldy, mildewed, blighted, smutty, smutted, musty, fetid, fusty, rotting, rotten, decaying, putrid, putrescent, stale, dampView synonyms
- ‘It is rather cramped and boring and sometimes a little mildewy.’
- ‘But during the semester I spent living in a mildewy, shag-carpeted Burnaby apartment, the Shamrock was as much my home as anywhere else in town.’
- ‘Nothing will depress you faster than a dim, mildewy closet to go back home to after an exhausting day of teaching.’
- ‘There are drive-thru taco stands everywhere, 59 is still under construction, and most the of the buildings have an aroma of mildewy air-conditioning.’
- ‘Yes, I had noticed some musty, mildewy mould on the silage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.