One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A native or inhabitant of one of the northern states of the US from Ohio west to the Rocky Mountains.‘a friendly Midwesterner from Wisconsin’
- ‘He was a 61-year-old Midwesterner, named Harry.’
- ‘I'm proud to be a Midwesterner.’
- ‘I'm married to a Midwesterner.’
- ‘John, a strapping Midwesterner, grew up on a farm.’
- ‘As a native Midwesterner, he misses the wide-open spaces.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.