One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting the region of northern states of the US from Ohio west to the Rocky Mountains.‘the Midwestern states’‘a Midwestern university’
- ‘I had already been exposed to the concept of "organic" at the Midwestern college I attended.’
- ‘This year, a surprising number of Midwestern cities were added to the list.’
- ‘He has won numerous awards for his interpretation of the Midwestern landscape.’
- ‘One goal of the project was to bring the site back to its Midwestern prairie condition, partly for the purpose of water conservation.’
- ‘In the humid Midwestern United States, wheat should never follow wheat or spelt in the rotation sequence.’
- ‘He soon became the acknowledged leader of the regionalist style, concentrating on the depiction of historic Midwestern subjects.’
- ‘Midwestern soybean growers were caught unprepared for a visit from a foreign aphid during the summer of 2000.’
- ‘Dallas, like other Midwestern cities, gave way to the rule of the automobile.’
- ‘They set out to develop flavors that would be readily embraced in their upper Midwestern markets.’
- ‘Biotechnology's effects on Midwestern agriculture will be discussed at the Agricultural Field Day in August.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.