One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
adjective & adverbliterary
In the very middle.
- ‘The western ocean was expanded eastward and a great bay was formed on the western coast of Middle-earth (the midmost continent).’
- ‘Now it is a fundamental principle of this world that there are three motions: a motion from the midmost point of the world, a motion toward that point, and a motion around that point.’
- ‘And the Magic Shoes carried her back to the midmost part of the meadow in a single bound.’
- ‘Between them and the army a cadre of priestesses in the gray robes of Elle stood, waiting, and midmost among them was a tall woman with blond hair and direct blue eyes.’
- ‘The mobile device also comprises means for identifying the midmost switch element activated by the operator.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.