One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An iron with a medium degree of loft, such as a four-, five-, or six-iron.
- ‘The long and midirons are made from 17-4 stainless steel.’
- ‘I was nervous coming off of the first tee and I kept getting into trouble with my driver so I just tried to focus on my long and midirons.’
- ‘The long and midirons have a hollow body, like woods, so more weight can be moved down and back.’
- ‘He hits the ball 280 to 290 yards off the tee but says the strength of his game is his midirons and chipping around the greens.’
- ‘Around the greens these balls felt nearly as soft as urethane, and when hit at relatively slow swing speeds with short and midirons, they spun plenty.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.