One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bus seating up to about twenty-five passengers.
- ‘The environmentally-friendly Metro system, which includes 53 single-deckers, 12 double-deckers and 33 shorter midibuses, cost the company £11m.’
- ‘Bowland Transit, funded by the Countryside Agency and Lancashire County Council, will provide a fleet of midibuses for residents in hard-to-reach villages.’
- ‘Four midibuses will operate on a non-profit basis using routes determined by local folk and linking with the Clitheroe Interchange for connections to train services.’
- ‘In total 53 single-deckers, 12 double-deckers and 33 midibuses - shorter buses more adept at running on housing estates - will offer customers a more comfortable, spacious, relaxing, quiet and smooth journey.’
- ‘The levelling out of an eight-year boom in small midibuses manufactured at Scarborough also took its toll.’
- ‘First sales of midibuses - such as those built in Yorkshire - are levelling off after a decade of considerable growth.’
- ‘That and the end of an eight - year boom in manoeuvrable small midibuses manufactured at Scarborough and long favoured by bus operators, finally put the nail in the coffin of the town's biggest employer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.