Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Software that acts as a bridge between an operating system or database and applications, especially on a network.
- ‘This claim covers the operating system wars, desktop software and middleware.’
- ‘It is possible to compress the software by developing slimmer middleware and writing more compact applications.’
- ‘They have to have the right OS, middleware and application software installed.’
- ‘That is where data access middleware and on-line application development systems come in.’
- ‘People are just not going to agree on hardware, operating systems, programming languages, databases, middleware and lots of other things.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.