One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The time of life between early adulthood and middle age.
- ‘Forget the fears about kids growing up too fast - Valentine's Day now seems more representative of what has been termed middle youth or adultescence, to describe those thirtysomethings who will do anything rather than grow up.’
- ‘The real cash is with people in their middle youth, which is anywhere between 45 and 65.’
- ‘They make up 2% of British males but most are well past middle youth.’
- ‘Now, I ask you, does that really seem such a lot when you're entering the full bloom of middle youth and starting to discover its blessings of thread veins, eye bags, slack jowls and wrinkles?’
- ‘Have those of us in middle youth become the victims of a watered-down version of Logan's Run, that film in which men and women are quietly eliminated at the age of 30?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.