One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The period from midnight to 4 a.m. on board a ship.
- ‘And during one middle watch a guard on patrol in the old barracks had called down to the main gate for assistance.’
- ‘On March 2, 1874, they almost ran into a large berg during the middle watch.’
- ‘The ratings, sentries on night watch at a naval barracks, say that the ghost follows them around during the middle watch and they have protested against doing solitary duty on that watch.’
- ‘About a quarter way through the middle watch the man appeared by Styles' hammock.’
- ‘The change to the middle watch was done quickly and quietly and settled into the monotony of the nightwatch.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.