One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The term common to both premises of a syllogism.
- ‘The missing middle term in the Shakespearian proposition is our response.’
- ‘The reduction of propositions to principles leads to the middle term.’
- ‘Thomas Aquinas argued that the highest sort of demonstration had as its middle term the real definition of the subject term.’
- ‘In the latter, the syllogisms involved must have middle terms that are causes of the state of affairs which is to be demonstrated.’
- ‘One could expect that her method would not enter into the chain of causalities, a chain that skips over or often forgets about the intermediary as a generative middle term.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.