One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The term common to both premises of a syllogism.
- ‘One could expect that her method would not enter into the chain of causalities, a chain that skips over or often forgets about the intermediary as a generative middle term.’
- ‘Thomas Aquinas argued that the highest sort of demonstration had as its middle term the real definition of the subject term.’
- ‘The reduction of propositions to principles leads to the middle term.’
- ‘The missing middle term in the Shakespearian proposition is our response.’
- ‘In the latter, the syllogisms involved must have middle terms that are causes of the state of affairs which is to be demonstrated.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.