One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sea journey undertaken by slave ships from West Africa to the West Indies.
- ‘The cruelest step was the middle passage on slave ships across the Atlantic Ocean.’
- ‘Girl, your ancestors survived the fateful trip to the coast, the middle passage, survived slavery, colonialism and everything else that came with it.’
- ‘Through Mehuru's eyes, we see not only the horrific conditions of the middle passage, but also first impressions of white femininity.’
- ‘The journey from Haiti in the 1980s is like a new middle passage.’
- ‘Chapter two covers the process of enslavement in Africa, the middle passage and ship-board rebellions, and briefly touches on the sale of slaves in the New World.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.