One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sea journey undertaken by slave ships from West Africa to the West Indies.
- ‘The cruelest step was the middle passage on slave ships across the Atlantic Ocean.’
- ‘Through Mehuru's eyes, we see not only the horrific conditions of the middle passage, but also first impressions of white femininity.’
- ‘The journey from Haiti in the 1980s is like a new middle passage.’
- ‘Chapter two covers the process of enslavement in Africa, the middle passage and ship-board rebellions, and briefly touches on the sale of slaves in the New World.’
- ‘Girl, your ancestors survived the fateful trip to the coast, the middle passage, survived slavery, colonialism and everything else that came with it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.