One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The managers in an organization at a level between senior and junior managers.
- ‘What does a former English professor with only a decade's experience in middle management have to say to the mainstream business-book audience?’
- ‘I have friends who've been in middle management and been laid off.’
- ‘Our immediate intervention was to strengthen the capacity of senior and middle management in the revenue department.’
- ‘Within three months, she was boosting the responsibilities associated with entry-level positions, stripping out middle management, and pulling certain analyst jobs into the department.’
- ‘Despite growing evidence showing that downsizing middle management may reduce organizational flexibility and innovation, executives still appear to make this a frequent practice.’
- ‘The company prides itself on an organization that is nearly devoid of middle management and values freedom for engineers and their work.’
- ‘Despite those efforts, the company concedes that gaps in middle management still exist.’
- ‘The first potential culprit is middle management.’
- ‘Like most businesses, we'd gotten rid of middle management in the 1980s, partly because we couldn't afford it anymore and partly because we didn't need it.’
- ‘Because there is no middle management, patient care costs less, the savings are passed on to patients and insurance companies, and the business still has healthy profit margins.’
- ‘Steps implemented so far by the company include reviews of human resource policies, informing employees of the programme and addressing gender balance in top and middle management.’
- ‘The model contributes to at least three different research streams: research on organizational change, the social psychology of emotion, and middle management.’
- ‘An option deal is available for middle management.’
- ‘There are some clear differences between retention at the younger level and middle management, and at the very senior levels who have the direct reports.’
- ‘Not only may there be differences of level within broad occupational categories - such as those between senior and middle management - but the kinds of enterprises in which people work have great significance.’
- ‘Having risen through the ranks into middle management, Brown holds a position as a product development technician, fitting and testing new products in the hosiery division.’
- ‘Everyone wanted to get an MBA so they could be in upper middle management.’
- ‘Over the past two years, he has orchestrated an ambitious overhaul, slashing costs, shuttering facilities, and cutting layers of middle management.’
- ‘On the labour front, a study recently released by the Labour Resource and Research Institute found that males - and particularly white males - still dominate senior and middle management.’
- ‘Obviously, new operations will generally bring in top-level management from the countries that are investing, but you also need to utilize as much of the local population as possible for middle management and labor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.