One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See Middle England
- ‘Lest you consider this to be false bravado, just consider the pedigree of this Middle Englander who lives in Oxfordshire but stays at his mother's in London during the working week.’
- ‘And while Middle Englanders are thought to follow the herd, Big Britons are more determined to take steps to make life better for themselves, forever in search of new opportunities.’
- ‘My excuse is that I'm exactly the sort of bourgeois, entrepreneurial Middle Englander that New Labour aims to please.’
- ‘There have been three distinct phases in this confrontation between the Middle Englander and the Immigrant.’
- ‘This has led to the thesis that dominating the politics of the mythical Middle Englander is the only strategy to retain power.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.