One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small central part of the brainstem, developing from the middle of the primitive or embryonic brain.Also called mesencephalon
- ‘The pons is a specialized band of nerve fibers that links the midbrain with the medulla oblongata and acts as a high-functioning switchboard.’
- ‘The midbrain, brainstem, and cerebellum appeared grossly normal.’
- ‘The brainstem consists of the midbrain, pons and medulla, structures located deep in the back of the brain.’
- ‘The latter includes the diencephalon; mesencephalon, or midbrain; pons; and medulla oblongata.’
- ‘In each case, these sections included frontal cortex, basal ganglia, thalamus, hippocampus, midbrain, pons, medulla, and cerebellar hemisphere at the level of the dentate nucleus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.