One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small central part of the brainstem, developing from the middle of the primitive or embryonic brain.Also called mesencephalon
- ‘The midbrain, brainstem, and cerebellum appeared grossly normal.’
- ‘The pons is a specialized band of nerve fibers that links the midbrain with the medulla oblongata and acts as a high-functioning switchboard.’
- ‘The brainstem consists of the midbrain, pons and medulla, structures located deep in the back of the brain.’
- ‘In each case, these sections included frontal cortex, basal ganglia, thalamus, hippocampus, midbrain, pons, medulla, and cerebellar hemisphere at the level of the dentate nucleus.’
- ‘The latter includes the diencephalon; mesencephalon, or midbrain; pons; and medulla oblongata.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.