One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A shot taken at a medium distance.
- ‘The shots with real people, close-ups, mid shots, whatever, would be done during the principal photography.’
- ‘In a mid shot, you can easily recognise an individual but you can also see what they are doing with their hands.’
- ‘If possible, shoot on three separate videotapes: one for close-ups, one for mid shots and one for long shots.’
- ‘We get a couple of seconds to take all this in before we cut back to the mid shot across the desk.’
- ‘The first hour was taken up with her mid shots and close ups which meant that I was there just to feed her the lines and provide an eyeline.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.