One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘He has completely stopped eating packaged microwaveable convenience foods.’
- ‘In my list of things that I will never do, ‘buy a microwaveable ready meal’ comes just underneath ‘buy an SUV’, and just above ‘go to another retro disco club’.’
- ‘‘There is an increasing recognition of the impact of science and technology,’ he says, pointing to the success of various new products from pizzas to chilled microwaveable beef dishes.’
- ‘I picked two from that last category - ready to heat in microwaveable containers - and headed for home.’
- ‘Others in the list include microwaveable food, tea bags, instant coffee, sliced bread, ready meals, disposable razors, gravy granules and screw-top wine bottles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.