One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Others in the list include microwaveable food, tea bags, instant coffee, sliced bread, ready meals, disposable razors, gravy granules and screw-top wine bottles.’
- ‘I picked two from that last category - ready to heat in microwaveable containers - and headed for home.’
- ‘In my list of things that I will never do, ‘buy a microwaveable ready meal’ comes just underneath ‘buy an SUV’, and just above ‘go to another retro disco club’.’
- ‘He has completely stopped eating packaged microwaveable convenience foods.’
- ‘‘There is an increasing recognition of the impact of science and technology,’ he says, pointing to the success of various new products from pizzas to chilled microwaveable beef dishes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.