One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the smallest blood vessels.
- ‘The increased capillary pressure results in an injury response within the microvascular endothelium.’
- ‘However, our findings would raise the possibility that local monocyte-mediated inflammation may play a significant role in pulmonary microvascular injury during sepsis.’
- ‘An increase in basement membrane surface area that accompanies a large tidal breath thus imposes a shape change on adherent alveolar epithelial and microvascular endothelial cells.’
- ‘Figure 2 shows the adjusted incidence rates for myocardial infarction and microvascular end points, both being strongly associated to a similar degree with increasing blood pressure.’
- ‘We have not identified the mechanism that links lung stretch with microvascular leak in the kidney.’
- ‘The microvascular anatomy of the forehead was assessed subjectively with visual analysis of the various contributions to each flap.’
- ‘This finding suggests that the immune complex-mediated lung and renal microvascular injury is not chemotactic to neutrophils and that there is an absence of firm neutrophil adhesion.’
- ‘The pulmonary microvascular permeability was evaluated by measuring the lung lymph flow.’
- ‘This article considers the possibility that a brief period of plasma hyperosmolarity protects against acid-instilled lung microvascular injury.’
- ‘Interestingly, these receptors have been recently identified in human lung tissues and cultured human lung microvascular endothelial cells.’
- ‘Recently, a computerised grading method has been developed to increase reproducibility of retinal microvascular changes, but this method is not widely available.’
- ‘Untreated, the disease leads to serious microvascular consequences that include blindness, renal failure, coronary artery disease, and limb amputations.’
- ‘The mechanism of monocyte-preferential margination to the lung has been attributed to the unique anatomic structure of the pulmonary microvascular bed.’
- ‘The higher DL could also be due to reversible increases in microvascular pressures, blood volume, and hematocrit instead of induced lung growth.’
- ‘Cases were included in the study only if a microvascular repair of artery and vein was required for the thumb to survive.’
- ‘Within minutes of exposure of the isolated lung to chlorine there is an increase in microvascular permeability that leads to alveolar flooding.’
- ‘To induce left lung alveolar hypoxia, the left mainstem bronchus was reversibly occluded with a microvascular clip.’
- ‘Firstly, both are surrogate measures of the average concentration of plasma glucose that is responsible for the microvascular and arterial damage that manifests itself in later years.’
- ‘Endothelial dysfunction and microvascular thrombosis appear to be particularly important factors in the development of MODS.’
- ‘Inflammation and an increase in microvascular permeability occur when a breakdown occurs in the esophageal defense system.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.