One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the smallest blood vessels.
- ‘Cases were included in the study only if a microvascular repair of artery and vein was required for the thumb to survive.’
- ‘Interestingly, these receptors have been recently identified in human lung tissues and cultured human lung microvascular endothelial cells.’
- ‘Figure 2 shows the adjusted incidence rates for myocardial infarction and microvascular end points, both being strongly associated to a similar degree with increasing blood pressure.’
- ‘This finding suggests that the immune complex-mediated lung and renal microvascular injury is not chemotactic to neutrophils and that there is an absence of firm neutrophil adhesion.’
- ‘The increased capillary pressure results in an injury response within the microvascular endothelium.’
- ‘Endothelial dysfunction and microvascular thrombosis appear to be particularly important factors in the development of MODS.’
- ‘We have not identified the mechanism that links lung stretch with microvascular leak in the kidney.’
- ‘Firstly, both are surrogate measures of the average concentration of plasma glucose that is responsible for the microvascular and arterial damage that manifests itself in later years.’
- ‘This article considers the possibility that a brief period of plasma hyperosmolarity protects against acid-instilled lung microvascular injury.’
- ‘The microvascular anatomy of the forehead was assessed subjectively with visual analysis of the various contributions to each flap.’
- ‘The mechanism of monocyte-preferential margination to the lung has been attributed to the unique anatomic structure of the pulmonary microvascular bed.’
- ‘The pulmonary microvascular permeability was evaluated by measuring the lung lymph flow.’
- ‘An increase in basement membrane surface area that accompanies a large tidal breath thus imposes a shape change on adherent alveolar epithelial and microvascular endothelial cells.’
- ‘The higher DL could also be due to reversible increases in microvascular pressures, blood volume, and hematocrit instead of induced lung growth.’
- ‘To induce left lung alveolar hypoxia, the left mainstem bronchus was reversibly occluded with a microvascular clip.’
- ‘However, our findings would raise the possibility that local monocyte-mediated inflammation may play a significant role in pulmonary microvascular injury during sepsis.’
- ‘Untreated, the disease leads to serious microvascular consequences that include blindness, renal failure, coronary artery disease, and limb amputations.’
- ‘Recently, a computerised grading method has been developed to increase reproducibility of retinal microvascular changes, but this method is not widely available.’
- ‘Inflammation and an increase in microvascular permeability occur when a breakdown occurs in the esophageal defense system.’
- ‘Within minutes of exposure of the isolated lung to chlorine there is an increase in microvascular permeability that leads to alveolar flooding.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.