Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A microscopic tubular structure present in numbers in the cytoplasm of cells, sometimes aggregating to form more complex structures.
- ‘As in wild type, the cytoplasm of the cap cell has many microtubules organized parallel to the longitudinal axis of the organelle.’
- ‘The dynactin complex interacts with both microtubules and microfilaments.’
- ‘The front head attaches to a microtubule with a displacement toward the plus end of the microtubule.’
- ‘It was assumed that each kinetochore remained attached to the tip of its microtubule throughout the duration of the simulation.’
- ‘The microtubules tie the chromosomes to the mitotic spindle during cell division.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.