One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Technology that uses microelectronics.
- ‘Western Switzerland has been recognised for microtechnology, hardware and software, special machinery such as robots, life sciences, and biotechnology, among others.’
- ‘Nanotechnology and super microtechnology are giving us the diagnostic capacity to see tumors when they're only a few cells in size, raising the prospect that all cancers will be curable.’
- ‘The media is investing hundreds of thousands of dollars into microtechnology because they see that as the big breakthrough in making the viewer of a sporting event more excited about what they're watching.’
- ‘But they apparently confuse nanotechnology with microtechnology, and they make confusing and contradictory assumptions about how the technologies needed to enable fourth-generation nukes will evolve.’
- ‘With recent advances in microtechnology, however, progress has been made in the development of implants, some of which can be placed in the eye.’
- ‘New microtechnology has added to the investigative methods available for small bowel visualization.’
- ‘One of the largest trade shows in the world, Hannover Fair in Germany continues to make room for microtechnology.’
- ‘Although automotive and electronics represent the largest markets for microtechnology, it also has had an appreciable impact on the design and development of medical equipment.’
- ‘Adidas, the sportswear manufacturer, has come up with a running shoe that uses microtechnology to alter its cushioning depending on the terrain - providing wearers with a more comfortable experience.’
- ‘In addition to their crucial importance in the biological and medical fields, phospholipidic biomembranes have received great interest recently for their applications in nano- and microtechnology.’
- ‘He disclosed that worldwide patent protection had been taken out on the microtechnology that offers the potential to overcome a major bottleneck in the delivery of power to future microprocessors chips.’
- ‘With two-thirds of the nation's large rocket test stands in a single place, one might guess ‘abnormally small’ is not the forte at Edwards; yet, the facility is a leader in nanotechnology and microtechnology.’
- ‘Their lifestyle strictly forbids the use of microtechnology and other such witchcraft.’
- ‘Gravity independence and reduced size and weight make microtechnology an ideal candidate for many NASA applications.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.