One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The smaller of the two kinds of spore produced by some ferns.See also megaspore
- ‘Both of these genera are heterosporous, meaning that each species produces two distinctly different types of spores: microspores and megaspores.’
- ‘Within the microsporangium, the microspores are embedded in a foamy mass that is dispersed as ‘floats’.’
- ‘The polarity of the micro-gametophyte (pollen grain) of flowering plants is related to the proximal-distal axis of the microspore from which it develops.’
- ‘The embryogenic process originated during anther culture may have different origins, for example, haploid cells such as microspores or pollen grains, or somatic cells from anther tissues.’
- ‘They have male spores called microspores and female spores called megaspores.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.