Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A sporangium containing microspores.
- ‘The microsprophylls of cycads are arranged in strobili and bear clusters of microsporangia on their abaxial surface.’
- ‘The pollen organs are synangia, each consisting of a ring of microsporangia united at their bases around a hollow center, a common feature among so called pteridosperms.’
- ‘In pollen cones, microsporangia are borne on a single bract without a trace of a second, subtending structure.’
- ‘Each anther has four microsporangia arranged in pairs in the two lobes.’
- ‘Within the microsporangium, the microspores are embedded in a foamy mass that is dispersed as ‘floats’.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.