One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A microscopic hollow sphere, especially of a protein or synthetic polymer.
- ‘The low-dielectric properties of the microsphere appear to dominate the spectroscopic properties of the hydrophobic chromophores.’
- ‘The relaxation to this new equilibrium is slowed down by the combined hydrodynamic friction on the microsphere and the DNA molecule.’
- ‘We show that spectroscopy of such chromophores can be done by adsorption to polystyrene microspheres and nanospheres in aqueous suspension.’
- ‘We evaporated the aqueous buffer from the microspheres and resuspended the microspheres inside silicone oil.’
- ‘In experiments, so far, the team has demonstrated the tweezers's capabilities with three kinds of polymer microspheres of different sizes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.