A microscopic hollow sphere, especially of a protein or synthetic polymer.
- ‘In experiments, so far, the team has demonstrated the tweezers's capabilities with three kinds of polymer microspheres of different sizes.’
- ‘The relaxation to this new equilibrium is slowed down by the combined hydrodynamic friction on the microsphere and the DNA molecule.’
- ‘The low-dielectric properties of the microsphere appear to dominate the spectroscopic properties of the hydrophobic chromophores.’
- ‘We evaporated the aqueous buffer from the microspheres and resuspended the microspheres inside silicone oil.’
- ‘We show that spectroscopy of such chromophores can be done by adsorption to polystyrene microspheres and nanospheres in aqueous suspension.’