One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A species differing only in minor characteristics from others of its group, typically one of limited geographical range forming part of an aggregate species.
- ‘If the wood has not been coppiced for some time, there will not be a stock of sun-adapted microspecies ready and waiting to colonise it.’
- ‘Yes, subspecies can be included, however the inclusion of varieties and microspecies is a decision for the national IPA team.’
- ‘Moreover, some controversy exists about the use of microscopic or macroscopic constants to calculate the relative concentration of each microspecies.’
- ‘Mutations of these hybrids may have given rise to further microspecies stabilized by apomixis.’
- ‘To calculate the concentrations of all microspecies at any pH we need to solve the following system of equations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.