One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A species differing only in minor characteristics from others of its group, typically one of limited geographical range forming part of an aggregate species.
- ‘Moreover, some controversy exists about the use of microscopic or macroscopic constants to calculate the relative concentration of each microspecies.’
- ‘Yes, subspecies can be included, however the inclusion of varieties and microspecies is a decision for the national IPA team.’
- ‘Mutations of these hybrids may have given rise to further microspecies stabilized by apomixis.’
- ‘To calculate the concentrations of all microspecies at any pH we need to solve the following system of equations.’
- ‘If the wood has not been coppiced for some time, there will not be a stock of sun-adapted microspecies ready and waiting to colonise it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.