One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A fragment of endoplasmic reticulum and attached ribosomes obtained by the centrifugation of homogenized cells.
- ‘Intact lysosomes, mitochondria and microsomes were isolated from RPE cells.’
- ‘We attempted to circumvent the need for microsomes by attempting a coupled transcription-translation-import system using freshly purified mitochondria instead of microsomes during the translation reaction.’
- ‘These authors, by using differential and density-gradient centrifugation techniques, achieved the differentiation of the microbody fraction from lysosomes, microsomes, and mitochondria.’
- ‘The degradation of calf thymus DNA, an indicator of free iron existence, was observed in the reactions of microsomes obtained from control and baicalein-treated rats with ascorbic acid in the presence of bleomycin.’
- ‘Exposure of drug-sensitive tumor cells to doxorubicin or epirubicin results in the drugs being localized primarily within the nuclei, with much smaller amounts being localized in plasma membranes, microsomes, and the cytosol.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.