One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A small auxiliary website designed to function as a supplement to a primary website.
- ‘We'd downloaded them from the IT Anthems microsite and while we played them, and I read the lyrics from the song sheets, Gordon attempted to guess what they were.’
- ‘Where museums have truly been able to harness the power of the web is with the microsite, a stand-alone website that accompanies a specific exhibition.’
- ‘Because Citibank's HR function was so strongly branded, ripple effects are still being felt: over the past six months, more than 500 CVs have been received via the company's microsite on the CPL website.’
- ‘As an example, the company designed a microsite for client United Paramount Network to promote its Claymation series Gary and Mike.’
- ‘In reality, all of these components would interact, providing a much wider range of microsites than we have addressed in this study.’
- ‘Visitors to the site will be able to link to an African Nations Cup microsite featuring latest results, league tables and a special wall chart.’
- ‘A fancy microsite or a video ad for a product, however, can trigger an immediate, measurable response in the form of traffic or revenue.’
- ‘Readers interested in using PestScan can access it either through the PestScan button on the PestPatrol site or directly at a PestScan microsite here.’
- ‘Pabst may link its website to an Obtainium microsite, for example.’
- ‘A number of adoption microsites also included links to pages elsewhere in the host institution's Web site, most often to general pages of contact details and to maps showing office locations.’
- ‘See more at NASA's Astronaut Photography of the Earth microsite, if microsite is the right term for a website containing 476, 363 images.’
- ‘Nissan developed a master template that allows for separate but consistent microsites for each vehicle model.’
- ‘Orbitz was the first major online travel company to launch a gay travel microsite and continues to make diversity a priority as a Global Gold Sponsor for the Gay Games VII Sports & Cultural Festival.’
- ‘Now they're being sponsored by the Ameriquest Mortgage Company whose homepage even includes a link to a Stones microsite.’
A small, distinct area or habitat within a particular ecosystem.
- ‘This issue was most apparent for B. alleghaniensis, for which establishment microsites differed among the three stand types.’
- ‘Basal areas of several woody species differed between the log and forest floor microsites.’
- ‘Performance of M. arizonicum was consistent across the elevation gradient in Hylocomium microsites despite significant differences in light and temperature between elevations.’
- ‘In cases where there was a difference in the number of microsites sampled in a site comparison, then only one microsite from each site was used.’
- ‘Analyses of variance and t-tests were performed to determine the statistical significance of differences between microsites and seasons for various parameters.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.