Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small two-wheeled foldable aluminium scooter for both children and adults.
- ‘The 66-year-old superstar was spotted whizzing through New York's Central Park recently on a motorised microscooter.’
- ‘Eight years ago, Darren Richards was using the internet to import microscooters, yo-yos and other Asian novelty toys, when he reflected that the web's efficiencies might also source him a girlfriend.’
- ‘Slip on your baggy trousers and hooded sweatshirt, pop on your wrap-round shades and oil the bearings on your microscooter - modern urbanists are back.’
- ‘Management decided to hide behind receptionists in a bid to avoid explaining why the trendy ISP has fallen off its microscooter.’
- ‘Previous reports have highlighted the impact of emerging crazes such as inline skating and microscooters, with attention being drawn to potential accident prevention and emerging patterns of injury.’
- ‘An alleged design fault has led to Glasgow City Council's Trading Standards Department issuing a suspension notice regarding an imported microscooter, the City Runner.’
- ‘A spokeswoman for Smyths Toys said they advised parents to purchase helmets and protective pads in tandem with microscooters.’
- ‘You don't think he's been kidnapped by a militant bunch of Modern Urbanists on microscooters, do you?’
- ‘Was it that they all wear combat trousers and ride microscooters?’
- ‘Sales of microscooters, baggy trousers and those sickly-sweet fruit-flavoured spirit-based drinks are expected to rocket as trendy city dwellers celebrate the return of their favourite dotcom brand.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.