Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] The propagation of plants by growing plantlets in tissue culture and then planting them out.
- ‘A common problem encountered in micropropagation and plant transformation is that within a plant species, different varieties and cultivars vary widely in their capacity to regenerate.’
- ‘She starts with plantlets reared in petri dishes in the laboratory, a process called micropropagation, and then genetically tests them to verify that they will produce perfect flowers.’
- ‘With this technique, known as micropropagation, forest-product companies can restock plantations with millions of genetically identical tree plantlets.’
- ‘Considerable effort has been devoted to full automation of somatic embryo development and micropropagation.’
- ‘This manipulation was initially restricted to embryo culture and nodal micropropagation, but it has recently been extended to somatic embryogenesis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.