One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The propagation of plants by growing plantlets in tissue culture and then planting them out.
- ‘With this technique, known as micropropagation, forest-product companies can restock plantations with millions of genetically identical tree plantlets.’
- ‘A common problem encountered in micropropagation and plant transformation is that within a plant species, different varieties and cultivars vary widely in their capacity to regenerate.’
- ‘This manipulation was initially restricted to embryo culture and nodal micropropagation, but it has recently been extended to somatic embryogenesis.’
- ‘Considerable effort has been devoted to full automation of somatic embryo development and micropropagation.’
- ‘She starts with plantlets reared in petri dishes in the laboratory, a process called micropropagation, and then genetically tests them to verify that they will produce perfect flowers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.