Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A microinstruction program that controls the functions of a central processing unit or peripheral controller of a computer.
- ‘Guidance for reasonable values will be given in the comments of the microprogram that you plan to use.’
- ‘The second phase consists of transcribing these specifications into machine code microprograms and proving the ‘equivalence’ between the formal specifications and the machine microcodes.’
- ‘The CPU designer uses these microinstructions to write microprograms, which are stored in a special control memory.’
- ‘Whereas vertical microprograms are characterized by long sequences of narrow microwords, horizontal microprograms are characterized by short, intertwined sequences of wide micro-words.’
- ‘The microprograms are a few hundred lines with almost no knowledge.’
- ‘The collection of control words that implement an macroinstruction is called a microprogram, and the microprograms are stored in a memory element called the control store.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.