One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An integrated circuit that contains all the functions of a central processing unit of a computer.
- ‘SRC has created systems that are composed of DEL processors and microprocessors.’
- ‘Shipments of microprocessors, motherboards, and chipsets all declined.’
- ‘You need to go far back in time to remember a CPU microprocessor that was able to operate completely without a heat sink.’
- ‘As a result, microprocessors become more powerful and memory chips can store more data without growing in size.’
- ‘Computer chips are integrated circuits called microprocessors built up from transistors and other components.’
- ‘Unfortunately, flash memories have relatively long access times compared to usual modern microprocessors.’
- ‘The spotlight for this year's five-day exhibition falls squarely on microprocessors for personal computers.’
- ‘By contrast, a traditional microprocessor would have had to run many iterations of the software to come up with the answer.’
- ‘Despite a common misconception, microprocessors are not single-chip computers.’
- ‘For example, when there's a cache miss, the execution unit is shut down, because the microprocessor knows it's not going to be used for a few cycles.’
- ‘The microprocessor is configured with a predecoder and an instruction cache.’
- ‘The cpu is the central processing unit that contains a microprocessor.’
- ‘The consumption per microprocessor increases while the number of microprocessors in use exponentially grows.’
- ‘The central microprocessor receives information from the autofocus system and the light meter.’
- ‘The only way this could have happened is by someone granting him a patent on a microprocessor years after microprocessors have been invented and companies formed to make them.’
- ‘Logic circuits are wired together on silicon chips to make microprocessors and computers.’
- ‘A microprocessor determines a alternator condition as a function of the electrical output.’
- ‘Transistors are the tiny switches in microprocessors that process the ones and zeros of the digital world.’
- ‘In a traditional architecture, this requires an action and overhead from the microprocessor each time data is moved.’
- ‘These are the prices and the form of the runners and riders in the Intel stable of desktop performance microprocessors between January and June.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.