Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for microanalyser
- ‘Until recently, two different methods have been employed: measurement of transmission through peeled epidermal tissue and measurement of leaf internal radiation using fibre-optic microprobes.’
- ‘We manipulated the passive flagella with force-calibrated glass microprobes to measure the force and torque needed to bend the passive flagella.’
- ‘In view of these complexities, further U-Pb geochronology was carried out using the ion microprobe.’
- ‘Pressure in the xylem elements, monitored with a pressure microprobe, changed from the initial pressure at the time of pressure step to the new steady pressure after some time.’
- ‘Until recently, ion microprobes could only analyze dozens of such sub-grains at one time and so were able to deduce only the average properties of a sample.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.