One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pig of a very small, docile, hairless variety, sometimes kept as a pet.‘micropigs are becoming a popular alternative to a dog or cat and they take just as much work, money, and time’
- ‘Does anyone know of a farm/animal sanctuary that may take care of a young Micropig?’
- ‘A micro-pig entrepreneur has gone bust after mistakenly selling customers ordinary baby pigs, which then grew too big.’
- ‘A micropig eats maybe one pound of feed a day, and may weigh 60 pounds fully grown.’
- ‘How much do micropigs cost?’
- ‘Their three pet micropigs reside in the garden.’
- ‘He was supposed to be a micropig - no more than a few inches long and cuter than a kitten.’
- ‘When they returned home, the couple did their research and found there were no micropig breeders in Hull.’
- ‘A rare 'micropig' has been discovered in a Drylaw garden.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.