One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A photograph reduced to a very small size.
- ‘His data on these matters are accentuated here by dozens of Rasmussen's microphotographs.’
- ‘A display device superimposes the scan magnetic field image on a scan laser microphotograph on a screen, so it is possible to perform defect inspection on the semiconductor device chip.’
- ‘Another characteristic feature of many of the viral encephalitides is the glial nodule which is illustrated on this microphotograph.’
- ‘The images of endosperm without an aleurone layer were prepared by tracing cell contours on a transparent sheet from the microphotograph, and were digitized by a scanner and transformed into a binary image.’
- ‘The Los Angeles Times ran the story on the 25th (front page below the fold) and used three microphotographs from the Science article.’
- ‘Figure 14 is a microphotograph of a typical area on an Edison cylinder recording.’
- ‘Some chapters provide black-and-white microphotographs that illustrate the morphologic features of the diseases.’
- ‘In this microphotograph of the anterior horn region of spinal cord, you see one of the characteristic findings of polio in its early stages - perivascular infiltrates of neutrophils.’
- ‘Readers of this book will find concise legends accompanying the illustrations and a very comprehensive collection of gross photographs and microphotographs of all body systems.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.