One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small area or political entity that claims national sovereignty but is not recognized by other sovereign states.‘Jedlicka announced the formation of the Free Republic of Liberland, a 2.7-square-mile micronation situated on the border between Croatia and Serbia’
- ‘We might declare a micronation soon, but aren't sure if that's legal.’
- ‘Their claims as a micronation allow them to get away with things that otherwise might be illegal—like detaining people against their will.’
- ‘Whether the Duchy of Bohemia is actually a micronation or not is up for debate.’
- ‘The Free and Independent Republic of Frestonia is a micronation formed out of abandoned buildings and land on Freston Road.’
- ‘After setting up this micronation in 1994, the founders immediately started setting up scam passports and diplomatic papers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.