One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small area or political entity that claims national sovereignty but is not recognized by other sovereign states.‘Jedlicka announced the formation of the Free Republic of Liberland, a 2.7-square-mile micronation situated on the border between Croatia and Serbia’
- ‘Whether the Duchy of Bohemia is actually a micronation or not is up for debate.’
- ‘After setting up this micronation in 1994, the founders immediately started setting up scam passports and diplomatic papers.’
- ‘Their claims as a micronation allow them to get away with things that otherwise might be illegal—like detaining people against their will.’
- ‘The Free and Independent Republic of Frestonia is a micronation formed out of abandoned buildings and land on Freston Road.’
- ‘We might declare a micronation soon, but aren't sure if that's legal.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.