Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A single instruction in microcode.
- ‘The set of microinstructions that made up a full instruction set was called the microprogram, or microcode.’
- ‘One can also use the Automate button, which executes microinstructions at the speed of 1 per second.’
- ‘Some flexibility can be gained by adding one microinstruction to the interpreter to use indirect threaded code.’
- ‘On the average, five microinstructions are assumed.’
- ‘The Microprogram Control Unit then issues a microinstruction that has a leading edge on the IR clock.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.