Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inject (a substance) into a microscopic object.‘the recombinant gene was microinjected into fertilized mouse eggs’
- ‘In some experiments, oocytes were microinjected with salt solution immediately before recordings.’
- ‘‘Assisted fertilization involves microinjecting spermatozoa directly into eggs,’ says Masahito Ikawa, a postdoctoral fellow in Verma's lab and the first author on the study.’
- ‘Speckled images of such polymer structures are obtained by microinjecting low amounts of labeled monomers into cells.’
- ‘Each oocyte was microinjected with 40 nl of cRNA solution.’
- ‘A Tol2 clone marked with the bacterial tetracycline-resistance gene was microinjected into fertilized eggs together with a target plasmid, and the plasmid was recovered from embryos.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.