One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Lesions in the cerebral hemispheres and brainstem included perivascular lymphocytes in leptomeninges and parenchyma, with scattered microglial nodules in gray and white matter.’
- ‘Pathologic findings included cell loss, gliosis, vacuolization, microglial cell proliferation, and perivascular lymphocytic infiltrates; the most severely affected regions were the gray matter of the cervical and lumbar cord.’
- ‘Glial nodules, also called Babes nodes, consist of a small focus of lymphocytes and microglial cells centered on a neuron, and there is often evidence of neuronophagia.’
- ‘The nitration and oxidation injury from the microglial proinflammatory response promotes a vicious cycle of continued oxidative neural injury and microglial activation.’
- ‘Pathologically, inflammation of the spinal cord meninges is coupled with varying degrees of underlying spinal necrosis, demyelination, and microglial influx.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.