A fungus in which no sexual process has been observed or in which the reproductive organs are microscopic.
- ‘Researchers are now running tests to see whether widespread application of the microfungus is practical.’
- ‘Fungal endophytes are microfungi that inhabit living plants, but which are cryptic and asymptomatic in their hosts.’
- ‘The search for the right microfungus started with the testing of more than 300 varieties.’
- ‘Today, there are four lineages of the microfungus, and each is associated with a particular ant-fungi system.’
- ‘In conclusion, true fungi (plant pathogenic microfungi, mushrooms) and fungal-like organisms (slime molds) offer an interesting and often overlooked explanation for some UFO landing ring cases.’