Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A very fine synthetic yarn.‘a tightly woven microfibre used as a lining fabric’as modifier ‘lilac microfibre sweaters’
- ‘Yes, use the microfiber cloth without solution.’
- ‘Even then, it's a good idea to vacuum after every workday and dust with a microfiber cloth.’
- ‘After washing windows, perhaps a once over with a microfiber cloth, would give you the ultimate streak-free job you desire.’
- ‘One source cited in the column found the positively charged microfibers attracted and tightly held negatively charged dust and dirt particles.’
- ‘Knits are available in 100 percent cotton, blends and synthetics, including microfibers and performance fibers.’
- ‘In addition, the fiber is as warm as traditional performance fabrics, but it weighs half as much because the microfibers are so fine.’
- ‘While microfiber and nylon wallets are always available and good options for weekends, vacations and sportier outings, nothing beats the look and feel of a leather wallet.’
- ‘I embarked on a search for a new winter jacket, as mine was made of synthetic microfibers not on the market in 1954.’
- ‘Clean the back of the screen (with a microfibre cloth or lens tissue) and clip it back into place.’
- ‘For lightweight fabrics, such as microfibers, I also recommend fusing interfacing around the bottom hemline of the coat as well.’
- ‘Additionally, the positively charged microfibers attract and tightly retain negatively charged dust and dirt particles and can penetrate the microscopic pores of most flooring materials, unlike loop mop systems.’
- ‘The microfiber windshirts are nylon lined with on-seam zippered side pockets, locker patch and loop.’
- ‘Products made from microfibers like nylon and polyester are created with fibers that are also strong and extremely thin.’
- ‘Using specially treated microfiber and cotton yarns knitted with performance technology, this fabric creates dry comfort in all warm weather conditions.’
- ‘This microfibre fabric is made of nylon and polyurethane and has the suppleness, softness and appearance of suede.’
- ‘In the case of very tightly woven microfibers, you may wish to tip the pattern slightly off-grain in order to prevent puckered seams.’
- ‘And no, it does not come off easily or completely, even if you received the little microfiber cloth.’
- ‘I paid for a new tape to allow for the difference in the microfiber fabric.’
- ‘The fibers were combined with stretch yams, microfibers and cotton, as well as contrasting fibers, such as paper and silk.’
- ‘For active people, high-performance polyester microfibers quickly wick moisture away from the body.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.